Life/soul purpose, or your calling, relates to what you will leave behind—your mission, gift(s), lesson(s), teaching(s), wisdom—your legacy. How do your passions show up in the world? What do you create? One way of answering these questions is by creating your Legacy Stars to see where you shine in the world. Legacy Stars are connected to your passions—knowledge, values, and skills—and personality. What you know a lot about/love learning about, what is very important to you/must be present in your life, and what you do well/love doing directly relate to your purpose. Your personality helps determine your strengths (and weaknesses) that you will use in your life’s work. To create your Legacy Stars, use the following guide:
- First, create the stars:
- The Center: The theme—the topic of your work or hobby
- The Points: The specifics—roles, types, settings, etc.
- The Size: The level of passion connected with the theme—the bigger the star, the stronger the passion
Be creative with your stars. Make them as simple/basic or elaborate/stylish as you want. Use whatever required number of points, and add any embellishments that would be helpful (circles or “fringe” at the tips for subcategories, surrounding circles/halos/shadows or flames for further definitions, etc.).
2. Then, determine their placement:
- How do they relate? How do you place them (connecting, overlapping, far apart, over, under, etc.) based on their relationship?
- What constellation do they form?
- What is its meaning?